On Wednesday, January 25 at 12 noon US Eastern/New York Time (you can use The World Clock to convert to your time zone), Eve Bodeux, Michelle Bradley and I will be doing a free half-hour question and answer conference call about translation and the business of translation. You can connect to the call by phone using a US toll number or by Skype for free. Ask us anything! Well, at least anything related to the translation industry. To read more details or to submit a question, please see the Speaking of Translation website. We’ll select some of your questions to answer during the live call. To receive the call instructions, send a blank e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll receive an auto-response with the call-in number and the Skype instructions. Hope to see you there! We’ll also post a free recording of the call, so feel free to submit a question even if you cannot make the live session.
Winner of the 2013 ProZ community choice award for best blog post about translation
How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator
Thoughts on Translation: the book
Corinne McKay is an ATA-certified French to English translator specializing in international development, law and non-fiction books. She launched Thoughts on Translation in February, 2008 as a way to connect and share ideas with freelance translators around the world.
Most popular posts
- Agencies and direct clients: not better or worse, just different
- Translation Journal is for sale
- How much do freelance translators earn? Is it enough?
- Why do some freelance translators fail?
- Which language is "the best"?
- What to send clients and colleagues for the holidays
- Choosing your translation specializations
- A change of heart about Trados
- What I'm working on
- Secrets of six-figure translators