If you missed yesterday’s Speaking of Translation conference call on freelance sabbaticals abroad, the recording is now on our website. You don’t need to download anything to listen! Eve Bodeux, Tess Whitty and I all offered tips for taking your freelance business on the road: how to deal with your phones, mail, banking, taxes and family, and how to use your trip as a professional development and marketing opportunity. Happy listening!
10,000 copies in print: get the third edition now!
Join Corinne’s mailing list: subscribers-only tips, no spam!
Take a class with Corinne!Get started as a freelance translator, or improve your existing freelance business by taking an online course--visit my website to sign up!
Corinne McKay is an ATA-certified French to English translator specializing in international development, corporate communications, and book translations. She launched Thoughts on Translation in February, 2008 as a way to connect and share ideas with freelance translators around the world.
Most popular posts
- The direct-to-direct client route: can it work?
- How much do freelance translators earn? Is it enough?
- Secrets of six-figure translators
- Which language is "the best"?
- Translation credentials: what are they and do you need them?
- How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator, Third Edition
- Why do some freelance translators fail?
- Paid by the word or paid by the hour?
- What is "the right rate" for your translation services?
- Who writes this blog?