Monday morning is looking up: ProZ just announced the winners of this year’s Community Choice awards. Congratulations to everyone who earned this recognition from their colleagues! I’m excited to share the “best podcast” award with my friend and colleague Eve Bodeux for our podcast Speaking of Translation. Note to our husbands: OK, we do sometimes talk too much, but sometimes people do listen! I’m also flattered to have won in the “best blog post” category, for Why do some freelance translators fail?. It’s gratifying to be recognized for these contributions, and to know that these resources are useful to the industry!
Winner of the 2013 ProZ community choice award for best blog post about translation
How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator
Thoughts on Translation: the book
Corinne McKay is an ATA-certified French to English translator specializing in international development, law and non-fiction books. She launched Thoughts on Translation in February, 2008 as a way to connect and share ideas with freelance translators around the world.
Most popular posts
- What to send clients and colleagues for the holidays
- How much do freelance translators earn? Is it enough?
- Upcoming Speaking of Translation call
- Agencies and direct clients: not better or worse, just different
- Which language is "the best"?
- Choosing your translation specializations
- Why do some freelance translators fail?
- Paid by the word or paid by the hour?
- A change of heart about Trados
- Webinar question: how many words per day?